2. Optimise Your Business Social Media Profile
Your business social media profile is the central hub between your customers on social media and your business. Your business customers on social media will go to your profile to get information on your business. It is therefore very important that your profile contain as much information as possible and is up to date.
Here are some tips on how to optimise your business social media profile.
- Choose a great profile picture: don’t use blurred or low-quality images of your business logo, building or any other images you may want to use.
- Make it easy for people to see what you do: Make sure you clearly describe your business, what you do, and why you are better than your competitor’s.
- Fill in all your information: Make sure you answer all the questions the platform requires of you, such as location, website, contact number, etc. The platforms ask this information for a reason, to make it easier for people to find you, contact you and buy from you.
3. Post Engaging Content
The most effective types of content vary by platform, however there are some facts which can be applied to all platforms. Here are some statements that will help guide your content on your business social media platforms. On average, video content does better than other content
: 90% of the time your business customers are on social media for only one reason, entertainment. Video is a great vehicle to carry both information and entertainment. High quality images get higher engagement
: Images that are high quality in context and in resolution get the highest engagement rates across most social media platforms.
4. Post Often
Social media marketing for a business requires consistency. Make sure you are posting engaging, relevant content frequently. By frequently posting you are going to maximise your opportunities to reach your customers with your content.
Although posting relevant content frequently will improve your chances of your customers seeing your posts, on some platforms paid advertising or boosts may be necessary. Find out more about social media advertising for business here.
5. Don’t be afraid to outsource
Although social media is freely available and there are no direct costs (unless you advertise), effective social media marketing requires dedication and consistency, and is therefore very time consuming. It may be an idea to outsource your business social media marketing to take full advantage of social media and your time.
Moreover, an experienced social media marketer will have all the experience and know-how to get the most out of your social media efforts. Although outsourcing would require a small price, in most circumstances its worth it.
26 January 2021